WHAT IS PRE-ARRANGEMENT?
- Pre-arrangement is making plans before a death.
- If it is before your own death,
- It is important to tell your family, estate trustee or executor about your plans.
- Preparing a Funeral Will is a convenient way to do so.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PRE-ARRANGEMENT?
- Pre-arranging a funeral for yourself or on behalf of a loved one.
- Helps reduce the burden, vulnerability, or emotional stress experienced by family and friends when a person dies.
- It also gives you more time to assess and compare your options, allowing you to make informed choices.
- Pre-paid arrangements, when paid in full, are guaranteed to offset any future price increase when the beneficiary dies.
WHAT ABOUT PAYMENT?
You can choose to pre-arrange a funeral without paying anything in advance, or you can pre-pay. When you pre-pay, your funeral or cremation plan is funded by either a trust or an insurance policy. When your money is deposited into a trust, it is held by a bank or registered trust company until it is needed.
When you pre-arrange with ABC, all pre-paid monies are trusted or insurance funded in accordance with all Oregon laws and are administered by a third party trust administrator.
WHAT IF I HAVE PRE-PAID AND THE FUNERAL PROVIDER GOES OUT OF BUSINESS?
This is highly unlikely. However, in that event, either the Oregon Mortuary & Cemetery Board or the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services steps in and finds other providers able to honor the contract.
WHAT IF I WANT TO CANCEL PRE-ARRANGEMENTS?
Under the legislative governing authority of Oregon, you can generally cancel any pre-paid funeral arrangements in writing without having to state a reason. The funeral home establishment must pay back all the monies to the purchaser in accordance with all Oregon laws.
MUST I COME TO THE YOUR OFFICE TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS?
Arrangements can be made in the comfort of your own home by clicking the button below. Fill in as much as you are comfortable with and we'd be pleased to meet with you to discuss further. See the form below for details.